It's Monday morning, day 3 of yet another stint of work and couch surfing in Brighton. It would have been day 4, but I was unwell last week and had to miss my Friday shift. I should hear today when it is I will be moving into my new flat, as it hasn't be confirmed. The suspense is killing me! Everything has been done my end to ensure a smooth transition, and I am ready to sleep on a bare mattress if I have to.
I'm at Shine hair and beauty in the north lanes right now, having my hair done, typing away to the sound of a timer and sitting at what I can only identify as a rustic wooden picnic table. I'm looking forward to the results as I have felt pretty scruffy recently, I will be honest! I needed a bit of TLC, and the hair salon has always been the place I go for those sorts of things. Barring my nail-lady Sandy of course who I really need to visit again! I just broke a nail on the way here actually... hmm. Perhaps my timing is a little off with these things.
I like this hair salon not only because my dear friend and Brighton hairdresser Reid works here (and we always love a gossip) but also because the quality of colour is so very good. It is an Aveda salon, so the hair colour used is 99% natural, and particularly for those blondes out there - it doesn't even tingle! I have a lot of experience with hair colour and I can easily say the results are wonderful, and my buddy Reid is a fab colour technician to top it all off. The positioning of the salon makes it even more hip, snuggled in the lanes and situated slightly underground giving it a very earthy feel. God I feel more relaxed already just talking about this. Who needs therapy?
Tomorrow night, for the first time in a long time, I am attending a Showgirls class with my incredible pole instructor Chloe Anderson. I can't wait to get back on a pole, let alone put on a pair of heels for it and perform a routine with the other girls. I'm so excited and nervous! But no time to dwell, I have two work shifts before I even get to that. When am I going home again? I have no idea, I haven't even booked my train ticket yet. That's next on the long list of things to sort out, as always.
AKC x

No comments:
Post a Comment